I do not offer holistic massage as a separate treatment but may include it as part of an overall treatment if I believe it will be of benefit and if you, the patient, agrees.
The term ‘holistic’ comes from the Greek word ‘holos’ meaning whole. The holistic approach aims to restore balance within the body, taking into account the person’s whole being not just their physical symptoms or ailments.
Massage therapy is an ancient form of healing, used for thousands of years. Holistic massage combines a therapeutic and nurturing process of touch and response with each treatment adapted to the client’s unique needs, physical characteristics and personality.
How will you benefit from holistic massage?
Holistic massage is a person centred treatment guided by principles of sensitivity, awareness and quality of touch. This enables the holistic massage therapist to work with clients, applying techniques and skills in an appropriate manner. Massage speeds up the natural healing processes of the body, calming the mind and settling emotions.
- Relieving tension and relaxing tight, sore muscles
- Improving skin and muscle tone
- Encouraging better circulation
- Awareness of body and breathing to improve posture
- Relieving stiff joints
- Promoting relaxation, thus reducing the effects of stress and anxiety
- Inducing a deeper sleep
- Aiding digestion
- Increasing energy by invigorating all the body systems therefore reducing fatigue